August 29, 2016
Dear Parents and Tilden Community,
On behalf of the staff at Tilden, I am happy to welcome you to the 2016-2017 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home, school, and community. We know a s strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers.
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject.
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college.
One major focus of our school year is understanding how Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) affect students in and out of school. We want to support all students through their tough experiences, so that their future dreams of graduating from high school and beyond come true. You will receive a copy of our school rules so that you and your child can review them together. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me or to discuss them with your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year. Please consider volunteering as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. Contact our awesome Community Connector, Michael Finney at email@example.com regarding any of the opportunities below. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher led instructional support, usually in the classroom when teachers need extra support
2) Joining our parent center to work with other parents on job skills and applications
3) School wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers.
The awesome Tilden staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you. Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at Tilden at 773-535-1625 if you have questions and suggestions.